New Moon Movie Countdown - Flower

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 11...I think I am a day behind.....& we miss you David!


You all know what today is. I don't celebrate Valentine's Day anymore. David was the last man in my life to give me something for Valentines Day. I have had a bad day. I have had a bad day for the last 3 yrs every 4/14. I don't let the kids see it though. I know that David & I weren't together at the time of his accident, but he is Zach & Kenzie's daddy. He may not have been around that much, but any chance of them getting to know him, was taken away that day. He was a very generous person, kind, funny, but they will miss out on that. Sure things didn't work out between us, but still....he's gone. I miss him at Christmas & on their birthdays, and I know they do too.

This is a pic of Zach's artwork. Boy can that kid draw. I used to be very artistic, made he takes it from me, who knows. He is such a funny guy. He was trying to teach me how to play Guitar Hero & I couldn't catch on to it. I was getting upset. He patted me on the shoulder and said "But Mom, you are good at computer games and that's something special." How sweet is that????

Mackenzie is just as funny. Even with her limited speech, she has a few phrases that she says. One day, she started repeating the Charmin toilet paper commercial....she would go around saying 'Cha cha cha-Charmin!" And she also goes around saying "Welcome. You've got mail!"
Too cute!

With some of my income tax refund, I plan on getting a new camera. I want a Sony Cybershot. Katelyn got one for Christmas, and I love it! You can record video with sound.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very sweet post, Carie. We all love and miss David very much and I know it must be extra hard on Zach & Kenzie. Thank you for keeping this blog going. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete