New Moon Movie Countdown - Flower

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Portraits today!

Today, the kids are taking their spring portraits at school. They got to wear regular clothes, instead of that boring uniform! I gave Kenzie the choice of 2 shirts to choose from. One was orange with a pink, yellow & orange sparkly rainbow on the front. The other was a pale blue pullover, with small blue flowers and tiny green leaves. She chose the blue one. I try to give her choices, so she can decided for herself. There are still things that I do for her, like wash her hair and dry her off after her bath. Even though she will be 10 on her next birthday, in some ways, it's just like having a toddler in the house.

She knows how to work the microwave when she wants popcorn. I taught her how to say 'I am hungry', instead of 'Eat!' She can put on her pants/shorts & shoes by herself, but still has problems trying to put a shirt on correctly. She understands everything you say to her. I give her chores to do, like putting her clothes away in the dresser, or picking up the toys and dirty dishes that she leaves out. She loves to help me with the laundry. I hand her the wet clothes and she puts them in the dryer, adds a dryer sheet and closes the door.

I worry about what will happen to her if something were to happen to me. God forbid. I guess that is something all parents worry about. I worry about all my kids when it comes to that, but Kenzie especially. God gave her to me for a reason. I mean, for me to get pregnant after having my tubes tied, she is a true miracle.

Zach is still getting birthday presents. My brother brought him the movie he ordered him and my sister ordered him a game, but it hasn't come in yet. I am waiting on my income tax refund, so I can buy him something. He didn't get a cake this yr, but I will get him a belated one next week. He hasn't complained once about the fact that he didn't have a party.

Well, I am off to take a bath. I bring my grandmother every Thursday to have her hair done, so I need to get a move on.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment